Monday, August 27, 2012

growing up

 
Posted by Picasa


I remember it like it was yesterday. My little boy held my hand and looked at his teacher, Mrs. Berthiaume, with eager eyes. I told him it was okay to go with her and he just let go and walked away. My little boy never even looked back down the hallway at me. I left the school with tears in my eyes but proud. I had raised my child with enough confidence to go on his own with my reassurance.
Today I watch as my boy has grown to a young man. He starts high school this year, still eager to learn and experience new things in life. I left him with the words that this was his time, his life, his experience.
It is again a bitter sweet moment. My child is growing up so fast. High school! I am proud of who he is becoming. He volunteers at the library, plays sports for fun, and became a state licensed emergency medical responder this past summer.
May the road that lies ahead of him lead to great places. If it doesn't then I have no doubt he will create his own path.

No comments:

Post a Comment